Wondering how much do glasses cost? If you’re a glasses’ wearer, you’ll know that wearing specs can be a costly exercise with regular visits to the optometrist to check your prescription & eye health, plus the cost of the frame and lenses to correct your vision. Read our blog to discover how much it costs to wear glasses and how to save money on prescription glasses with the SmartBuy Collection $25 frame and lens deal.
How much do glasses cost?
Wearing reading glasses can be expensive! Plus, it is recommended that you replace your glasses every one to three years, as well as have regular eye exams. You could face these annual costs as a prescription glasses’ wearer:
- Eye exam: Free eye exam every three years if you’re a Medicare member. Without Medicare, the price could be up to $70.
- Designer frames: can cost up to $1000
- Lenses: Standard single vision lenses are often included in the price. Bifocal or progressive lenses wearer? You could pay up to $350 or more!
Luckily, retailers like Vision Direct offer great prices on prescription glasses, free shipping, 2-year warranty, and 100 days returns, so you don’t have to break the bank when you shop for eyewear.
Why are glasses so expensive?
There are many reasons why eyeglasses can be considered expensive. Some of these include:
- Cost of manufacturing
- Cost of materials
- Buying a recognised designer brand
Do you want to save money on prescription glasses?
SmartBuy Collection, stands for quality eyewear at super affordable prices. They have launched a new collection of prescription glasses from just $25 for frame and lens!
You don’t have to compromise on style, with nine different styles including full-rimmed, pilot shaped, rectangular, square, oval, round and cat-eyed in a variety of modern colours. The frames all include 1.5 standard lenses, plus free shipping in Australia! The glasses come with a sustainable cleaning cloth and case made from recycled PET. How cool is that?
Top tips to save money on your prescription glasses
- Shop online: Vision Direct promises the best prices, free shipping and 2-year warranty from over 180 designer brands
- Use a prescription reader tool like the Lens Scanner to unveil your current glasses’ prescription details
- Buy affordable glasses from SmartBuy Collection starting from just $25 for frame & lenses
- Use your health fund rebates to pay for your specs. Find out more about the health funds Vision Direct works with here.
Want to save even more money on your glasses?
Are you a health fund member? If you’ve got optical extras cover, you could now get not 1, not 2, but 3 pairs of prescription glasses with your health fund rebate! Be sure to check with your provider on your optical limit per annum.
Our Top Affordable Prescription Glasses Picks
- SmartBuy Collection Bay Glasses $25
Looking for a stylish, cheap pair of glasses to leave at the office? Bay is your answer! These super feminine cat-eye frame glasses come in a trendy havana print that’s ultra office-chic. With full-rimmed frames, 1.5 lenses included, and 2-year warranty, we vote SmartBuy Collection Bay glasses the best choice for your spare pair at work.
- SmartBuy Collection Laurie Glasses $25
Want affordable glasses but something a little more unique? The unisex Laurie glasses come in transparent shades of blue, yellow and green making you stand out already for the unique colour palette. With pilot shaped, full-rimmed frames these glasses look great on both men and women, making them an excellent choice for anyone that desires the ‘cool’ factor when they wear prescription specs.
- SmartBuy Collection Jody Glasses $25
What you see is what you get with Jody. These classic-shaped square glasses are professional and sensible cheap reading glasses. Available in a transparent grey shade, they come with 1.5 lenses all for the ultra-affordable price of just $25.